Global Discovery is proud to introduce the Lottie dolls to Australia.
Lottie was launched in August 2012 as a new innovative fashion doll for girls aged 3-9 years. Since her debut, Lottie has won 12 Toy industry awards in the USA & UK (listed below).
Lottie is fun, educational, affordable, inspirational â€œpro girlâ€ doll. She is a flexible, poseable doll and indeed â€œshe can stand on her own two feetâ€, a life skill that is important for girls both big and small. Lottie dolls stand at 18cm tall and are presented in a super cute, collectible illustrated doll box.
Lottieâ€™s unique height of 18 cm has been based on the fact that fashion dolls have been on the market for over 50 years and were initially targeted at 10 to 12 year olds, with a doll height of 29 to 30 centimetres. In contrast, Lottie is measured to suit the height of the current average age of fashion doll users which is 6 years of age; meaning that she is ideally â€˜clutchableâ€™.
Lottie has lots of dressable fun, her clothes are bright vibrant colours and tactile fabrics. Using high quality saran nylon her hair is silky and less likely to knot.
Lottie designers based in the UK carried out 18 months research working with girls, parents, retailers, industry experts, child psychologists and child nutrition experts leading to the generation of over 100 action points which have been incorporated into Lottieâ€™s development.
The 3 strongest points were:
- Girls being concerned by body image of a young age
- Girls being prematurely sexualised
- Girls missing out on their childhood
To address these Lottie has been based on the scientific proportions of a 9 year old child with the exception of her head. This has been increased slightly to accommodate hair play. She does not wear make-up, jewellery, high heels or tattoos.
Managing Director Heath May said , â€œSeeing such a fresh approach to design and play is so positive in a world of mixed messagesâ€ The range of Lottie Dolls can be found at David Jones, Kidstuff, Toys R Us, Toyworld and specialty toy stores.
Lottie dolls have been the recipient of toy industry awards, in the UK and USA.
- (USA) Momâ€™s Choice Award 2012
- (UK) Creative Play Awards 2012 â€“ Winnerâ€™s Award in the Imaginative Role Play 4 â€“ 7 yearâ€™s category
- (USA) PAL Awards 2012 (Play Advances Learning)
- (USA) National Parenting Centreâ€™s Seal of Approval
- (USA) Tillywig Best Creative Fun Award
- (USA) Oppenheim Toy Portfolio 2012 â€“ Platinum Best Toy Award
- (UK) ToyTalk Awards 2012 â€“ Highly Commended
- (UK) ToyShop UK Independent Toy awards 2012
- (USA) Creative Child Magazine awards 2012 â€“ Preferred Choice Award
- (USA) Creative Child Magazine awards 2012 â€“ Seal of Excellence
- (UK) Rainbow Awards for Toy Excellence 2012 â€“ Highly Commended
Images available upon request or visit our website http://www.globaldiscovery.biz/brand.php?id=256
For more information please contact us.
Contact: Heath May, Managing Director
Global Discovery Australia Pty Ltd
Phone: +61 8 8321 9000
Fax: +61 8 8321 9011
Address: 4/27 Lindsay Road , Lonsdale, SA 5160, Australia